Read what our clients say about Credit & Business Finance:
- Original Style Ltd
- “Original Style have been utilising the skills and experience of CBF since re-entering the credit insurance market. CBF have provided support and guidance for this key business risk, allowing us to focus on growing our business.
We were very cynical of the market post the recession, as limits were reduced and withdrawn at a critical time. The changes in policy terms and excesses caused us to leave the insurance market as the policies on offer were no longer commercially viable.
After meeting Matt Green and listening to his ideas, we decided that we could achieve our objectives with the right insurer. CBF proved to be aware of our key requirements and delivered a policy with a high level of flexibility at the right price.
This level of service has continued during subsequent renewals, with minor enhancements being successfully achieved, which has allowed us to have confidence in our policy and the support it provides.
- 1st Step Solutions Ltd
- “Back in 2006 before the recession really kicked in we made a business decision to limit our exposure and insure our debt. We had an invoice finance facility with a high street bank so naturally looked at the products they offered. The policy worked well for several years but as time went by service levels deteriorated and business critical decisions surrounding Limit withdrawals and reductions were made without prior warning.
We looked at the market and engaged CBF to undertake a review and recommend a suitable product. Matt and his team were like a breath of fresh air. They engaged us in the decision making process and communicated every step of the way.
CBF placed our business with QBE whose policy is both flexible and structured to meet our business needs. Limit decisions are made in a timely fashion with the added benefit of discretionary limits which really do make a difference.
Our only regret is that we didn’t engage CBF years ago. Their service levels are spot on, they communicate, they give you time, advice and treat you like a valued customer.
We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anybody”.
- Larkfield Foods Ltd
- “We were always quite sceptical of Credit Insurance but with the business growing as it was, the risk of one of our customers not paying or going insolvent was now much greater.
CBF contacted us in 2013 and carried out a full, comprehensive market review on our behalf which was presented clearly with all the options available to us. Upon their recommendation we chose an insurer most suited to our business needs fitting around our existing credit control procedures, offering excellent levels of cover, flexibility and above all peace of mind that our growing business was protected.
In the first 12 months of having the insurance we had to call on it when a surprise bad debt was suffered. The process of claiming was seamless with the support of CBF who liaised with the underwriter to ensure all the documentation was completed and submitted swiftly to ensure there were no delays or complications to the process, as a result the claim was paid very promptly.
It’s a rare occurrence in today’s business world that CBF have done exactly what they said they promised to do and exceeded my expectations. I have, and would continue to thoroughly recommend them to anyone in this position.”
- Worldchoice UK Ltd
- “CBF manage the bonding requirements of our 400-strong Worldchoice Membership, and we have had a close working relationship with them now for three years. We have always found them to be very efficient at resolving issues between our credit insurers and ourselves, as well as being extremely proactive at simplifying what are often very complex and challenging negotiations.”
- L&S Waste Management Ltd
- “We first engaged CBF to deliver a policy which would protect us in the event that our largest customer went bust owing us money. Exposure to this client represents a significant portion of our turnover and is therefore critical to our own viability. Insuring this risk delivered further security for the business and allowed an increase in funding from our finance provider.
Having obtained the cover, we then explored the benefits of protecting the whole ledger and CBF delivered a policy which was built around our Credit Control practices and provided a significant level of Commercial Discretion. This led us to taking more risk by granting higher levels of credit to both existing and new customers whilst benefiting from the security of the Credit Insurance policy.
To this end, with the support of CBF and their ‘fit for purpose’ policy, we have managed to deliver record monthly sales and grow the business by 20% over the past 12 months.
I would certainly recommend CBF for all your Credit Insurance needs. From initial discussion to inception and continuous support, their service is first class.”
- Agro Business Consortia Ltd
- “I approached Credit & Business Finance Ltd (CBF) because our business needed protection against customer failure. By approaching a broker, I could explain our business to a single entity. CBF distinguished themselves as they are independent and their partners and staff had worked as underwriters and were very approachable.
CBF helped by providing quotes from all the ‘known’ specialist credit insurance companies as well as some resulting from their first-hand knowledge of the credit insurance industry. The quotes were presented in an easy to follow table including total estimated costs, overall coverage and key company coverage. This made it simple to draw up a short list before asking detailed questions and then to present to colleagues and for a decision to be swiftly reached. The result was that we obtained the policy that best met our specific and specialist industry requirements. Additionally, we use the credit insurance policy to help screen new customers’ financial strength.
One thing I particularly liked was their continued support ensuring that an excellent direct relationship with the underwriter at the insurers was quickly established.
The clearest endorsement we can give is that we will definitely work with CBF when our policy comes up for renewal: a first class service.
I would recommend CBF to all companies looking for credit insurance cover – whether experienced or not, as CBF’s staff bring their personal industry experience and expertise to ensure that the right policy is put in place.”
- Miniflex Ltd t/a M2FX
- “We were introduced to Credit & Business Finance (CBF) through a Financier as we were unable to obtain the levels of cover we required on our clients from our existing Bank’s Bad Debt Protection product. The Bank would not cover our largest client to the level we required which was causing us a significant Cash Flow issue. As a specialist Credit Insurance Broker, CBF were able to obtain the cover on a key client and deliver a policy which completely lifted the headroom for our Invoice Discounting facility as their Credit Limits are Net of VAT thus delivering me 20% more cover on the ledger, immediately delivering significant improvements to our working capital.
From the initial meeting, to the policy training and continued ongoing support, CBF have delivered a tailored standalone policy which is fit for purpose and we now have a platform by which we can grow our business whilst being protected against bad debts.”
- BEW Electrical Distributors Ltd
- “When BEW were looking to renew their credit insurance in 2012, we had a meeting with Matt Green of CBF who took the time to understand our business and what we wanted to achieve from our insurance cover.
We saw an opportunity to develop our business with smaller sized contractors and customers where our existing insurers couldn’t offer a structured solution.
CBF researched the market to provide an insurer offering first limit cover and structured discretionary limits allowing BEW to share risk in developing new and existing smaller contractors and customers where potential for growth and building loyalty was considered strongest.
Where we have had to make claims on cover, CBF have handled the claims on our behalf removing an administrative burden on our credit control team and throughout the two years we have worked with CBF we have built a strong business relationship with the CBF team and in particular our account manager, Wendy.
Working with CBF to find the right insurer for BEW and the ongoing support they give has helped us develop and grow our business.”
- Eastern Hardwoods Ltd
- “Once again CBF have been outstanding with their service and advice when renewing our credit insurance policy. We would recommend them without hesitation.”
If you would like to find out how credit insurance can help your business, please contact our Account Management team.